Seven weeks and counting.
Crazy to think my semester abroad is almost over and even crazier to think I almost gave up studying abroad for a semester. Get ready for a long-winded blog post when I move out of the dorms in December.
Things I already know I am going to miss:
- Banana milk
- 떡볶이 Tteokbokki- snack streetfood made of rice cakes in spicy chili sauce
- All street food- so convenient and extremely delicious
- Korean BBQ
- The fact that convenience stores are actually convenient and are open 24/7
- Chopsticks for every meal, although rest-assured I bought a Frozen-themed metal set
- All the glutinous donuts- glutinous rice donuts with red bean filling, glutinous rice donuts with cream cheese filling, glutinous sweet potato donuts…the list never ends!
- The public transportation system
Things I am looking forward to going “home” to (wherever that is, I know. I cannot keep up either):
- Cheetos- give me crunchy or give me puffy…I want them all!
- Dill pickles- you can find sweet pickles here, but that is about it. They are served as a relish side dish when you order “Western food”, which is not always Western
- Not getting looked at funny when I ask for more than one small packet of ketchup to use with an entire meal
- Affordable fruits and vegetables
- Target, ‘nough said
There are things I miss from every country I have visited, but any place I have spent more than one or two weeks in- it is so much worse.
So many pieces of my heart have been left scattered around the world, I did not know I had this many pieces.